a journal ~ celebrating the power of God's love,
the wonder of grace, the blessing of peace and the living of JOY

Wednesday 6 April 2011

trade

so it's been a little bit since i've posted.  it's been busy for sure.  today i have a chance to breathe amid this full life to ponder.  and the word that's hitting me today is TRADE.  whether it's a hockey card collection, sisters sharing clothes, a swap shop or a Christmas cookie exchange, bartering is a part of our lives.

Jesus was born, lived, loved, prayed, preached, blessed, healed, died, rose, ate, ascended and reigns as King over the Kingdom i'm so amazed to be part of.  through all of that, a trade occurred, and in any given moment, it's my choice to receive that trade or not.  
i'm trading my sorrows, i'm trading my pain,
i'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
i'm trading my sickness, i'm trading my pain,
i'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
we say yes Lord....................yes Lord, amen!!
i'm pressed by not crushed, persecuted not abandoned,
struck down but not destroyed
i'm blessed beyond the curse for His promise will endure,
and His joy's gonna be my strength
though the sorrow may last for the night,
His joy comes in the morning...
(by darrell evans)
i'm trading my hurts for His love, my sins for His grace, my ideas for His teachings, my busyness for His rest, my self-focussed-ness for an-awareness-of-others, my time for His timing, etc.  actually experiencing joy in these areas makes the trade even more desirable...  
matthew 6:33 says
"seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness,
and all these things will be added to you."
or in the message:
"steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions,
and you'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met."
i'm thankful that for every night, there is the promise of a morning... the JOY of a new dawning... His trade makes it possible for me to trade the "grrr" in my day.  God is always there, at my side, saying, "trade ya?"  may His Kingdom come and will be done on earth, as it is done in heaven... 

thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment